American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. Our camps have been running English immersion residential programs in France since 1994!
Right now we are hiring spring school trip counselors for March, April and May!
You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 8 & 15 years old. Counselors only speak in English and may never speak nor understand French with our program participants. We make English fun!
– Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, English classes, etc.
– Work in English all day.
– Tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
– Being a team player, be organized, and a good communicator.
– Kindness, caring and friendly: a people-person.
– Counselors are receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.
– Experience with children (childcare, teaching …).
– Fluent Level of English (CEFRL level C1 or higher)
– Knowledge of North American or British history and culture for creating games, classes, activities…
– Clear criminal history
– Neither a CELTA nor TEFL certificate is required. However, classroom teaching can be a part of this job.
– No French is required for this job. We indicate a basic knowledge of French as helpful for your off times.
– EU National or have work authorisation for France. We are unable to sponsor work authorisations for third-party nationals.
Salary and Perks:
– Gain unique experience for your CV on a multicultural team, all while having fun with the children in your care!
– A salary for all days worked: 1922 euros / month (gross).
– The employer pays for your meals, housing, bedding and laundry during employment.
– All counselors may request a 100 € defrayal of train travel to their work location.
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Locations and dates:
– American Village – Tour de Buis (38122 COUR-ET-BUIS) / March 14 to June 21, 2024
– American Village – Aurabelle (04800 GREOUX-LES-BAINS) / March 14 to June 14, 2024
– American Village – d’Etoile du Matin (01250 JASSERON) / March 14 to June 21, 2024
– British Village – Domaine de Damian (26220 VESC) / March 14 to June 14, 2024
– American Village – Le Saut du Loup (47800 Miramont-de-Guyenne) / March 28 to June 14, 2024
– American Village – Château D’Aine (71260 Azé) / March 28 to June 14, 2024
– American Village – Moulin Ayrolle (30140 Saint-Félix-de-Pallières) / March 28 to June 21, 2024
-British Village – Les Roches des Scoeux (19370 Chamberet) / March 28 to June 28, 2024
– American Village – La Mazure (50540 Isigny-le-Buat) / April 04 to June 28, 2024
– American Village – Le Logis du Pin (83840 La Martre) / May 16 to June 28, 2024
– American Village – Bauduen (83630 Bauduen) / May 16 to June 21, 2024
You must be a registered student with us to apply for this position. Please sign in to submit your application.
Please login to your student account below to apply.